Saturday, April 11, 2015

My SFS Scrappy Visit & Sketch #136 @ Sketchabilities

These last few days I spent visiting my longtime scrappy friend Peta in the Hunter Valley.  Peta runs an awesome scrappy business called Scrapbooking From Scratch and over the years has provided me much inspiration including visits, retreats, kits and just plain fun with the girls.  Something I have missed immensely!  It was so lovely to pick up where we left off, and scrapbook together again.  I hope to do it again soon and to find a weekend to go retreating with the SFS girls sometime soon. You'll find the SFS website here, and so many awesome products available....my bank account is hurting a lot right now and I'm sure staying in a hotel would've proved much cheaper....but where is the fun in that!!  ;)  Thanks again Pj for your friendship, understanding and hospitality, the kids and I had a ball.

On my first night at Peta's I picked up a pack of gelatos and said to her 'I've heard these are pretty awesome'....my first mistake!  After that Peta showed me how to create some amazing backgrounds using gelatos, StazOn inks and TCW templates.  I was so excited to learn some new techniques!  All of the layouts from my SFS scrappy visit will include a background using these techniques...and even some backgrounds created by my 6yo daughter Bronte that turned out awesome!

I did a total of nine layouts on my stay, I will share them in order over the next few days.

Layout #1 - Friends which is my take on Sketch #136 at Sketchabilities.  I've used a paper pack I recently put together using the Pink Paislee She Art range with a Heidi Swapp title.  Not a lot much more really on this layout, but the background includes gelatos, texture paste and inking.  I've also included a super cute Flutterby Designs flair which says 'Friends Are Like Fat Thighs, They Stick Together' pmsl!!

(Bazzill cardstock, Flutterby Designs flair, Pink Paislee paper, Heidi Swapp title)

(Pink Paislee paper, Heidi Swapp title, Maggie Holmes label stickers) 

If you want to play along, the sketch looks like this and is due by April 13th so only a couple of days to go!

Thanks for dropping by!

Cheers,
Sar

5 comments:

  1. great job!!!;) thanks for join your project at sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab Sar! You certainly were on fire over the weekend...9!!! (Loved your sneaks btw.) I think you need to share all the tips you got from Peta too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout :) thanks for plaing with us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love
    Love love Christy thomlinson paper!!! So beautiful! Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the textures of background and the beauty composition! Thank you for joining our sketch at Sketchabilities!!!!!

    ReplyDelete